As one of the leading wedding photographers in Chennai, we understand the importance of "The Wedding Look" which every bride to be is looking forward to. And when the preparation for the same goes for months, we thought of helping all you lovely girls with the top bridal make-up tips, to make sure you look flawless on your big day. Not to forget this is from the photographer’s point of view.
1. Make sure you have your trial at least three weeks before your wedding in order to avoid any last minute surprises.
2. Use artificial eyelashes
They’re a brilliant way to make your eyes look dramatic.You can also use individual eyelashes – it will make your eyes stand out and look far more subtle than a full strip. Go for differing lengths to create a really natural fluttery look and nestle them in between your natural lashes rather than fixing them on top.
3. Ensure your Kajal doesn't smudge. Maybelline Colossal Kajal is worth considering.
5. Apply lip-liner evenly all over the lips and under the lipstick to make it last longer. When lipstick fades, it will fade evenly without leaving the outer lip liner only.
6. 'Ahh' Heavy Earrings
One of the most painful experiences a bride goes through during the 'Getting Ready'session. Ensure you keep a moisturizing cream handy so that your heavy earring get in without causing much of a problem to you. Also, make sure you try those pair of earrings before purchasing it in order to avoid any last minute surprises.
7. Bright OR Pastel
Bright colours always look better than pastel colours- purely from photography point of view. If you want to pop out in your images, choose a bright and vibrant colour!
8. Back-up Plan
Jewelries are delicate. Smart Bride is the one who keeps a spare set ready for the D-day. After all messing up with the jewelry is the last thing you would like to do.
9. Over-correct or over-camouflage under eye circles. If the concealer is too light, it's the only thing you will see in the photos.
10. Get carried away with shimmer highlights or light-refractive makeup. In photos your shimmer can easily turn into an unflattering and highly reflective shine.
11. Use a lip-liner much darker than your lipstick to define your lips. This technique looks harsh and very unnatural in pictures.
12. Use heavy pencils or dark shadows to define your brows. This can leave you looking stern rather than stunning.
13. Use Mascara at the time of Vidaai (in case the bride cries) as it makes the face completely off.
14. Off late we have noticed that many brides wants to keep it simple for their Mehendi and Sangeet functions. The problem with this approach is that they end up looking very regular and not as a BRIDE at all which should not be the case. Remember it's your wedding and you should make sure that you look less ordinary.
15. Do not go overboard with the point 14. Just strike a balance. Remember how you dress up from head to toe will come in the pictures too. So LOOK THE BEST to GET THE BEST!
And the most important one…our bonus TIP: Always remember, weddings are more about the brides & your make-up plays an important role in giving you that ‘OOMPH FACTOR’ on your wedding day. So stay relaxed & keep ample buffer time to avoid any last minute slip-ups.
Make full use of your photographer’s creativity to capture those beauty shots by providing at least 30-40 minutes of shooting time!
Last but not the least… It’s your day! Make it memorable by enjoying each and every part of it :-)